top of page

Secondary Camp 2018

Students' thoughts about Secondary Camp

Year 7 From Wednesday the 25th to Friday the 27th, all of high school was at school camp. My favourite activity was pool rafting, even though the water was like ice! My best highlight was at talent night when Ryan, Lachlan and Nick got up and played ‘Feeling Good’ by Muse. I learnt from the amazing talks we had, that God will never stop loving us no matter what and He is full of grace and mercy. Lilly

Year 8 I had a great time at NCS camp enjoying the environment and spending time with classmates. canoeing was amazing because we cruised around the remains of the old sandstone infrastructure built on the riverbank. But Amani’s talk really got me thinking about my relationship with God as a disciple. He was really encouraging in the way he shared his personal experiences and hardships to show and connect who God is to us. I took the moments of rock climbing as a lasting memory because I was challenged to get to the top yet I had faith in my belayers. How could I not learn from camp?! Jonathan W

Year 9 School camp is definitely one of the biggest highlights of my year. I feel it’s a place I can learn new things as well as try new things. I found I took a lot out of the camp especially about how I can change myself and become a better person in daily life. I also took ideas out of the talks but the one thing that stood out is how we should be reminded to be warned and how we are deeply loved (Exodus 32). I feel I grew a bit more this year and I left with a stronger heart for God than I did before I went to camp. I’m counting down the days already! Courtney N

Year 10 High School Camp this year was thoroughly enjoyable. There were great activities, talks and lots of time spent with each other. In the talks, which were given by a Youthworks leader Amani, we learnt in the book of Exodus numerous things about our LORD. The 4 talks explored the ideas of our God and his Grace and Mercy, how He is slow to anger and abounding in love and faithfulness.

Some highlights for me were the talent and games nights. The talent night was Star Wars themed, and consisted of acts either involving music or humour. Games night was loads of fun with lots of participants making it an energetic night for all.

Other enjoyable moments were the activities which were run by youth work leaders. One of my favourites was canoeing, and it was great to see everyone in my year having fun and working as a team. Charlotte D

Seniors As this was my last year of camp, it was definitely one to remember. From seeing Mrs. Meek abseiling upside down; to playing Stand-Up Paddle board Rugby with Mr. Clarke, the entirety of the camp was full of fun and adventure.

Our speaker Amani shared an amazing series of messages over the three days about God's faithfulness and grace. One of the major things that really stuck out to me was the explanation of the difference between mercy and grace and how God shows this repeatedly through Exodus. After the incredible weather over the three days, my fellow Year 12's were sad to say goodbye, but it was an awesome way to finish it! Caleb M

79 views
bottom of page