top of page

A Note from Mrs Meek - 26 May 2017

Let them know that you, whose name is the Lord—that you alone are the Most High over all the earth. Psalm 83:18.

In Secondary, this year, we have been focusing on 'Who is this King?' We want to bring our students on a journey to think about Jesus as our King. During last Friday’s assembly, Mrs Stewart reminded the students how Jesus healed the paralytic man and how, as we continue to stand in awe of Jesus’ power over sickness and death, we should be challenged to live each day reflecting on how awesome and mighty Jesus is. He not only heals our broken relationships and hearts, He can heal our community from all our hurts and pain. This Friday, Mrs Stewart will be taking some of our Indigenous students to participate in the National Sorry Day Reconciliation Walk by walking over the Nowra Bridge.

This coming Monday, the Secondary leaders (Captains, Prefects and SRC students) are organising the Biggest Morning Tea, a fundraiser for the Cancer Council, from 2.00pm - 4.00pm. They want to run this event to raise an awareness of how cancer has affected many of our lives. Some of us may know someone personally who has suffered from cancer. If you are free, please come join us as a school community on Monday 29 May. The student leaders have organised some entertainment. If you can help out, in any way, please let us know via this form that they have put together.

When I was 16, my dad died from cancer. Thankfully he was a Christian, but that did not stop me from wondering where God is in the midst of all the suffering and pain in this world. As a teenager, it was a difficult concept that I really struggled with and sometimes, even as an adult, I still wonder about it. I can only try to make some sense of this by turning towards the cross. The cross primarily represents a senseless act of humankind committed against God, for our benefit, and nothing else. Jesus died. He didn’t have to. But He did. I cannot make sense of any of this, except for His ultimate love and grace for me. For you. For the world.

Over the next few weeks, many of our students in primary and secondary are entering the Eisteddfod season. I was reminded that NCS has a long history with the event, and that many of our past NCS staff members are still actively involved in guiding and organising this wonderful program. I am thankful that we have so many students and staff who are using their gifts and talents to provide entertainment and enjoyment for us. It is planned for some of these to be presented to the elderly residents at Chesalon, in the near future, so that we can continue to be a blessing to others in our community.

47 views
bottom of page