Your privacy is important
This statement outlines the Schools' policy on how the School uses and manages personal information provided to or collected by it.
The School respects the confidentiality of staff, students and parents’ personal information and the privacy of individuals. The school will employ measures to secure this information.
- The School is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act.
- The School will only request information from families and staff members that is required by Law or Statutory Authority or that in the opinion of the School will directly affect the learning of students.
- Staff are required to maintain confidentiality with reference to student, staff and family records and information.
- Access to student, staff and family records will be given to staff on the authorisation of the Principal and where required by law and statutory authority.
- The school requires full disclosure by families of all information that may impact on the education of their child.
- The school will release private information to Commonwealth Departments as necessary, in order to secure Commonwealth funding.
- The release of information to Commonwealth Bodies will be notified to the parents.
- Staff are to be briefed on the Privacy Act each year and when new procedures are implemented.
- All private and confidential documentation that comes to a teacher must be sent to the office as a securing measure.
- The Office staff are to submit private and confidential documentation to the family file.
- Confidential documents to be kept in secure areas of the school and be under lock & key outside of school hours